Monday, July 18, 2005

Halfway to a Threeway

by Jim O'Rourke

Now with you, I've got one
If I could get just one more
Then you'd know what you're in for
You ain't getting any sleep tonight
I hope that you girls don't fight
And I hope that you don't run away
Cause I'm halfway to a threeway

I tried again and again
To indulge in just one sin
All you have to do is lie there
While I push aside your wheelchair
And I'd do anything it takes
To change your mind and then lock your brakes
So I know that you can't roll away
Cause I'm halfway to a threeway

Can't wipe the smile off my face
When you strut by in your leg brace
You can't just climb the stairs
And you ain't got any hair
I just can't get you to sit
You and your stupid epileptic fits
And I know that you can't run away
Cause I'm halfway to a three way

(pretty guitar solo)

As I lay you down on my bed
It don't matter that you're brain dead
I can get so close to you
Now that you're in a coma
I'll make it sweet for sure
When I pull on your life support
And I know that you just fade away
And I'm halfway to a threeway

Jim O'Rourke, Halfway to a Threeway

http://www2.thewire.co.uk/mp3/halfway.mp3

No comments: